Chad Kight is a graduate of Texas A&M University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Park and Tourism Science. After graduation he worked for two years in a mental health facility where he gained valuable first hand experience in controlling hostile and violent confrontations on a daily basis.
Chad has a passion for the martial arts that started at an early age. He is currently ranked a black belt instructor under the legendary Royce Gracie, in addition to holding a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu black belt Chad is also a full Instructor under Paul Vunak of Progressive Fighting Systems in JKD and Filipino Martial Arts.
Chad has over 17 years of Mixed Martial Arts experience with extensive training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, JKD, Kali, Weapons, Muay Thai, Boxing, to include Jiu-Jitsu training in Brazil. Chad competes on a world level in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Fighting competition. His passion for the martial arts led him to train with and has learned from some of the best mixed martial artist in the world today. His passion for training and competing continues and has carried over into teaching and helping others reach their full potential in martial arts and fitness.
- 2010 Naga Fighting Silver Medalist Expert Division
- 2010 Dungal Fighting Gold Medalist Master Division
- 2009 NagaExpert Division Bronze Medalist
- 2008 NagaExpert Division Silver Medalist
- 2008 Atama Open Superfight Competitor
- Battle of H-town 2 consecutive years, 06,-0
- Brenham Vale Tudo Division Champion
- Dungal Fighting Division Champion
- Party Slam Division Champion
- Competed in Gracie BJJ World Championship
- Competed in Relson Gracie Challenge
- Certified RAT Program Instructor (Rapid Assault Tactics)
- Women’s Self Defense Instructor
- Professional Athlete Trainer and Conditioning Coach
- Placed in many city and state tournaments
- Chad has influenced and currently teaches hundreds of students and leaders in the Martial Arts Industry.
- Established Sugarland MMA 2009
- Established TEAM KIGHT 2009